We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
October 22, 2013 Wizard Wars Patch
| ← Previous Patch
(October 17, 2013 Wizard Wars)
|October 22, 2013 Wizard Wars Patch|| Next Patch →|
(October 24, 2013 Wizard Wars)
Key Changes[edit | edit source]
- Connectivity fixes
- Matchmaking fixes
- Various Crash and Bugfixes
- "Crowns" wipe.
Shiny New Stuff![edit | edit source]
- 4 New Magicks for your testing pleasure!
- Teleport - Immediately teleport 10 meters in the direction you're facing. Best used when your destination doesn't contain fiery death.
- Stone Prison - Raises an impenetrable barrier around its target. Useful for locking down enemies for a few moments of peace and quiet. "I'm in a stone case of emotion" (Escher respect-points for guessing the reference)
- Tactical Dragon Strike - Placable 'napalm' strike. Smells, sounds AND tastes like victory!
- Thunderstorm - Rain with Thunderbolts in a large area. Skillfully modeled on today's weather in Stockholm, but with added Thunderbolts!
Connectivity[edit | edit source]
- [network] Changed pong and handshake timeouts default to 40 because steam connection.
- Show notification and end session when server disconnects.
- [steam lobby]: Terminate connection with lobby host/members AFTER we've shut down the lobby.
- [connectivity]: Make sure to terminate connection to all peers in lobby when leaving it.
- [ingame client running]: Make sure that we disconnect from lobby on an edge-case.
- Load balancing now actualy done right. Flipped comparison.
- [menu] show party if members in party when entering menu
- [connectivity]: Terminate connections correctly.
- [login] proper state handling
Matchmaking[edit | edit source]
- [matchmaking] client 0 second delay first time
- [matchmaking] client 60 second delay before sending matchmaking rpc after entering game state menu
- [party] cancel ready if matchmaking fails due to server errors
- Set pong timeout to 10.
- [matchmaking] fixed play button message order
- [matchmaking] improved client logic, play button feedback
- [crashfix] only abort matchmaking when allowed
- [matchmaking] Fix for matchmaking to default/degbunke when retrying matchmaking from inside training ground
- [matchmaking] Fix of faulty peer_id chech
- [party] peer cancel ready when reentering menu
- [party] peers only invitable when in menu
- [party] peer disconnect self fix.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- telemetry fix
- [bugs] Status system crash fix, also removed logging and debug code
- [login] always deselect all fields when trying to login
- [bugs] Remove assert in frame_table, just log instead
- [bugs] Status system server crash fix
- [bugs] End of round crash fix #2
- [bugs] Status system crash fixed debug code
- [bugs] Speelwheel client crash fix
Other[edit | edit source]
- [survey] New survey.
- [game server default gear]: Only receive it once per peer, not every update.
- [loadout] Only persist loadout when changing from gear screen, when pressing play, and when Searching becomes Joining.
- [frontend] alpha build version string
- [ui] chat visible, removed outdated code
- [spells] Lightning not removing wet status fix
- [Audio] sounds for login screen and rewards
- [feedback] Updated to new feedback survey for patch notes.